Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler…
Fun (or not-so-fun) Facts:
- The fate of the Mayflower is unknown. But some historians believe it was scrapped for its timber, then used to construct a barn in Jordans, England.
- The part of raw cookie dough that makes it dangerous to eat isn’t JUST the eggs . . . it’s the flour too. The raw flour can come into contact with bacteria when it’s out in the field . . . and pasteurized raw eggs are actually safer.
- Fruit snacks are covered in the same wax as cars.
- George Lucas originally wanted Tom Selleck to play Indiana Jones . . . but Selleck was already committed to “Magnum, P.I.”.
- There’s a vault in Denmark under Lego’s headquarters that holds a copy of every Lego set ever made.
Strange and trending news:
- A man in Virginia was arrested after going into a pizza shop . . . threatening employees . . . and starting to cook his own food. (Full Story)
- A man in Florida broke into a KFC and was caught on video sneaking around inside. He took some cleaning supplies. It’s unclear what his objective was, but the police are reassuring people that the “secret recipe of 11 herbs and spices remains safe.” (???) (Full Story)
- Americans will spend an average of $500 during the Black Friday and Cyber Monday shopping events this year. That’s up 12% from last year. (Full Story)
- The industries that Americans have the lowest opinion of are: Tobacco, news media, cable, insurance, and pharmaceuticals. Sounds about right. (Full Story)
- A man in Florida yelled “I’m sorry!” to the deputies chasing him, as he sprinted across freeway traffic, Frogger-style. He was caught and arrested. (Full Story)
- Balenciaga is facing backlash for posting photos of children holding ‘bondage‘ teddy bears. (Full Story)
- A Brazilian influencer got “Elon Musk” tattooed across his forehead . . . next to a phallic-looking rocket. He wants Elon to take him to Mars. (Full Story)
- 24% of U.S. soccer fans prefer watching soccer over having sex. And 8% claim they’d position themselves so they can see the TV while having sex. (Full Story)