Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler…
Fun (and not-so-fun) facts:
- While the Large Hadron Collider was trying to simulate the Big Bang, it had to be temporarily shut down after a bird flew by and dropped a piece of a baguette into it.
- Marvin Gardens on the Monopoly board has always been misspelled. The actual neighborhood in New Jersey is spelled M-A-R-V-E-N, but in Monopoly it’s M-A-R-V-I-N. Parker Brothers apologized for the mistake in 1995.
- The longest movie ever to get a wide release is . . . “Gone with the Wind”. The theatrical version was three hours and 46 minutes. Any longer movie that’s come out since has been clipped down for theaters.
- The Hangzhou Zhang Xiaoquan Company in China has been manufacturing scissors since 1663.
- Female armadillos always give birth to identical quadruplets.
Strange and trending news:
- Today is National Garlic Day. (Full Story)
- A man went to a hospital in New York, then called them after he left because he realized he’d left his cocaine there. They called the cops, and he was arrested. (Full Story)
- A man in Italy was mowing his lawn when he hit a nail . . . and it flew up and jammed into his eyelid. Amazingly his eyesight is all the way back now. (Full Story)
- Two men in Texas were tragically killed in an accident when they had a Tesla on autopilot and neither of them was in the driver’s seat . . . and it crashed into a tree. (Full Story)
- TSA at Houston Hobby Airport found a bag of meth hidden inside of a breakfast burrito. (Full Story)
- Someone just posted a story on Reddit about how their wedding turned into a disaster when the guy’s brother-in-law locked a bunch of kids in a room because he doesn’t like kids. (Full Story)
- Two men . . . yes, men . . . in Germany invented new pink gloves that women are supposed to wear when handling their tampons. (Full Story)
- A guy was caught shoplifting from a grocery store in California . . . and pulled out a grenade to threaten the staff. (Full Story)
- A guy in Wisconsin set a basket of laundry on fire after his girlfriend confronted him about cheating. (Full Story)
- A man tried to rob his own grandfather in North Carolina . . . but his grandfather didn’t know it was him and shot him. The guy is in the hospital with life-threatening injuries. (Full Story)
- There’s a video from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission that shows a young kid getting trapped and pulled underneath a Peloton treadmill. The CPSC is saying people should stop using the treadmills immediately. (Full Story)