Did you know Americans watch the most TV? Of course we do – with like 300 different networks producing so many original shows it’d literally be impossible to find enough time to watch all of ’em.
But we’re gonna try. According to a study, people in North America watch more TV than anyone else in the world. We watch an average of four hours and three minutes a day, which is WELL above the worldwide average of just under three hours.
The study also found that American TV shows are the most popular worldwide. British shows are second. You can celebrate our achievement with some great new television.
- ESPN’s “Monday Night Football” kicks off with back-to-back games . . .
. . . The New York Giants host the Pittsburgh Steelers at 4:15 p.m. Eastern.
. . . The Denver Broncos host the Tennessee Titans. at 7:15 p.m. Eastern.
- The 29th season premiere of “Dancing with the Stars” at 8:00 p.m. on ABC. Tyra Banks is your new host and Derek Hough is joining the judges’ table. Here’s this season’s cast. . . Nelly, AJ McLean, NBA legend Charles Oakley, NFL stud Vernon Davis, Olympic skater Johnny Weir, Anne Heche, Jesse Metcalfe, Jeannie Mai, “One Day at a Time’s” Justina Machado . . .
. . . “Bachelorette” Kaitlyn Bristowe, Disney Channel star Skai Jackson, “Tiger King’s” Carole Baskin, “Catfish” host Nev Schulman, “Selling Sunset’s” Chrishell Stause, and “Cheer” coach Monica Aldama.
- The series premiere of “We Are Who We Are” at 10:00 p.m. on HBO. A coming-of-age show about two American teenagers growing up on an Army base in Italy. (Trailer)
- The series premiere of “Wireless” on Quibi. Tye Sheridan is a college student trying to survive in the Colorado mountains on New Year’s Eve. (Trailer)
- “Jimmy Fallon” – Jude Law, Maya Erskine, Anna Konkle, and Summer Walker.
- “Jimmy Kimmel” – DJ Khaled joins guest host John Legend. (Repeat)
- “Stephen Colbert” – Bob Woodward, and Luke Combs.
- “James Corden” – Dr. Phil and Kelsea Ballerini.
- “Seth Meyers” – Kelly Clarkson, Malcolm Jenkins, and Michael Schmidt.
- “Trevor Noah” – The Daily Social Distancing Show.
- “Conan” – Ralph Macchio.
- “Lilly Singh” – Mark Cuban. (Repeat)