Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler.
– There was an organization called BADD in the ’80s . . . it stood for Bothered About Dungeons and Dragons and was for parents who believed Dungeons and Dragons was evil, satanic, and corrupting their children.
– If you yelled at a cup of coffee for eight years straight, you’d produce enough energy to heat it.
– Before J.D. Salinger became a famous author and then a recluse, he worked as a cruise director.
– Only two countries use purple on their flag . . . Nicaragua, and the island of Dominica. Not to be confused with the Dominican Republic nearby.
– Johnny Depp got divorced from his first wife, Lori Anne Allison, in 1985 . . . which is one year before his second wife, Amber Heard, was born.
Strange and trending news:
– The average American spends $2,429 a year on impulse purchases. And the top things we regret spending money on include clothes and shoes, food and drinks, and expensive gadgets. (Full Story)
– A new study found out how much money it would take for us to give up different websites. We’d need $17,530 per year to give up search engines . . . $8,414 to give up email . . . $1,173 to give up video streaming services like YouTube and Netflix . . . and $576 to give up Facebook. (Full Story)
– 33% of people say their mom has a favorite child, according to a new survey, and 22% say their dad has a favorite child. And it ain’t them: More than two-thirds say the favorite is one of their siblings. (Full Story)
– A poll on airplane etiquette found 62% of us think it’s not okay to take your shoes off. 40% say reclining your seat is unacceptable. And if the person next to you fell asleep on your shoulder, 15% of us WOULDN’T wake them up. (Full Story)
– There’s a new Starbucks secret menu item floating around called the Joker Frappuccino. It’s a Matcha Green Tea Crème Frappuccino . . . and you need to ask the barista to draw a smile inside the cup using strawberry syrup. (Full Story)
– Lay’s just rolled out a new limited-edition potato chip flavor: Grilled cheese and tomato soup. They’ll hit stores next Monday. (Full Story)
Lay's Newest Flavor Is Grilled Cheese And Tomato Soup, So It's About To Get Real Cozy 'Round Here https://t.co/gbLn8j9YMP
— Delish.com (@DelishDotCom) October 14, 2019
– A pineapple-flavored version of Mountain Dew is out now . . . and apparently, people LOVE it. It’s called Mountain Dew Maui Burst and it’s available at Dollar General. (Full Story)
– A guy in Florida called 911 repeatedly on Saturday night to report that his roommate had stolen something from him . . . $20 worth of his weed. Somehow the cops didn’t arrest him. (Full Story)
– Two locksmiths in Scotland are going viral after they somehow locked THEMSELVES out of their shop. Someone took a picture of them struggling to get back in . . . and shared it online. (Full Story)
– A 26-year-old woman from Taiwan was visiting the Philippines last week and was arrested for wearing a TINY bikini to the beach. She got a fine of around $48 for lewdness. (Full Story)
– A woman in Wales was drunk a few months ago and leaned over her fence, topless, to yell at her neighbor. A dog showed up and was, quote, “licking at her breasts” . . . and now she’s been fined for harassment. (Full Story)
– 79 cross country runners from New Jersey spent two years raising money for a trip to Orlando to compete in an event this month. Then their Frontier flight got cancelled last-minute. But someone at Delta saw their social media posts . . . sent a private plane to pick them up . . . and got them there just in time. (Full Story)
Congrats to our teams in @Disney as the boys won the Varsity AND JV meets, while our girls placed 2nd!!
— Ocean City Track & Field (@oceancity_XCTF) October 11, 2019