Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler.
– Shakespeare became rich by hoarding grain and then selling it for ridiculous prices during a famine. Then he used THAT money to run a money lending business . . . and he was once charged with tax evasion.
– When Guns N’ Roses was trying to figure out a name for the band in 1985, one of their options was “AIDS.”
– It’s estimated that there are about three million ships wrecked and sitting at the bottom of the world’s oceans . . . and they’re worth billions of dollars between their artifacts and treasure.
– North Korean women have to get one of 18 different hairstyles that have been approved by the government . . . men have to choose one of 10.
– The first submarine used in a war was called the Turtle, and it was used by the Americans against the British in 1775 during the Revolutionary War.
Strange and trending news:
– A new survey asked people if they’re planning on wearing a face mask on Halloween this year. And about 44% said they will . . . including 9% who are planning to wear a face mask UNDER an actual Halloween mask. (Full Story)
– There’s a company called Yandy that’s famous for making sexy pop culture Halloween costumes. But they just announced they WON’T be making a sexy COVID costume this year. Their vice president of merchandising said, quote, “I don’t think there’s anything sexy about it.” (Full Story)
– We learned last week that Kraft created a pumpkin spice mac and cheese for a contest in Canada. And now, they’ve decided to bring it to the U.S. too. You can win it by tweeting @KraftMacNCheese and using the hashtags #PumpkinSpiceKMC and #Sweepstakes by tomorrow. (Full Story)
– Have you ever canceled plans with someone so you could stay home with your PET? According to a new survey, three out of four people with dogs say yes, at some point, they’ve done that. And so have one in three people with cats. (Full Story)
– Someone in Florida called the cops last week when they heard their neighbors yelling, quote, “Shoot! Shoot!” and “I dare you to shoot!” It turned out the neighbors were watching the Tampa Bay Lightning HOCKEY GAME and were screaming at the players to shoot the puck. (Full Story)
BREAKING NEWS WE FOUND OUT WHO CALLED THE COPS AND THEY LEFT US A SURPRISE. 😂😂😂 pic.twitter.com/7AW07Zpu6N
— Devon Garnett (@DevonGarnett) September 26, 2020
– A survey found the most boring chores are ironing, cleaning the toilet, dusting, changing your sheets, and washing the windows. (Full Story)
– The cops in Ohio broke up a fight outside a house earlier this month between two drunk women . . . one of whom was naked. And when the cops talked to the guy inside the house, they found he had felony warrants for kidnapping. So, he was arrested. (Full Story)